Monday, January 3, 2011

Backsliding

We've had a few very hard days with Lily becoming increasingly more agitated.  Last week she had two days during which her hallucinations returned, and her auditory sensitivity has become worse, resulting in her yelling and throwing things around the house.

Being cooped up with her high energy little brother for the last two weeks certainly has made her situation harder.  They get on each others nerves and argue constantly.

This evening, I became impatient, yelled at  her and put my arms round her to hold her back when I thought she was going to hit her brother.  So she hit me instead.

We don't do this.  I don't hit my kids, and I don't tolerate physical violence between them.  I was so angry, and then I felt so bad.  She's having a hard time.  And when I try to hold a boundary, things escalate.  I don't know how to handle this.  I want to help her, to soothe her, but I also really, really want a home that isn't in constant turmoil.  I want my sweet little girl back.

1 comment:

  1. (((((hugs))))) If I could wrap my arms around you too soothe I would because you need the love and comfort just as much as she does.
    I'm so sorry that things are worse. I can relate to the boundry issue too; It's "funny" that although kids desperately need them, they push SO hard against them! ARrrggggg!

    ReplyDelete